Initial thoughts

Aug 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Hey Briana! Easy and fast module, very good job. Used it in localhost and got no errors. DNN 7.1.0. Dual language portal (EN / GR). These are my first thoughts:

Bugs / fixes:
  • The first testimonial is displayed twice if only one testimonial (horizontal scrolling)
  • The first testimonial is displayed first and third if only one testimonial (horizontal scrolling)
  • Missing a "." in front of the veHorizontal class in line 150 (module.css)
  • Using twice "display" in your .veTestimonialAddNewLink1 class.
  • .TestimonialItem and .PublishedTestimonial are used twice in your css file.
__Possible enhancements I would personally like: __
  • When superuser account adds a testimonial it directly gets published instead of needing moderation.
  • Ability to choose how many testimonials you would like to be displayed.
  • Choose to display testimonials by date or random.
  • Selecting which language the testimonial will display if portal is multilingual.
  • Option to skip loading .css if all classes are added to the skin .css for less files / increased speed.
Thanks for making this module available through codeplex :)

/Loukas
Coordinator
Aug 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Hi loukas,

This is terrific feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to do such a thorough job! I've added all your suggestions as work items and will attempt to get them included in the next release. I especially like the idea for the direct publish; I never even thought of that and now that I think about, I don't know why I didn't! :-)

I do have a question on the testimonial display for multilingual portals. I've not had too much experience with the language features. The last I've looked at those features (which have admittedly been awhile), there were language packs, but no automated content conversions. Has this changed that you know of? Or, is this something the administrator would manually convert and add to the built in localization features of DNN? I'll definitely do the research on this to find out what I can, but if you have some more information you can provide on this, it would be helpful.

Anyhow, thanks again for the great feedback!! I really appreciate it!

Briana
Aug 15, 2013 at 2:25 PM
No problem, happy to assist :)

With regards to localization: You still need to provide a language pack for each language. I can test your localization files and see if something is missing and I can give you the Greek language pack for distribution. Just let me know if you want me to translate this version or you are a few days away of releasing a new one so I can test that version instead :)

/Loukas