New Feature Sharing Content

Coordinator
Jul 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I wanted to add this to the CodePlex page to help make the discussion visible to the community
Please read the discussion and feel free to chime in with your thoughts on features. Also, feel free to add any requests for features on the Issues page and let the community vote on requested feature priorities.

Thanks!
Briana

Original Question Received from FrozenDNN: 7/28/2013:

I was wondering whether there is a way to show the testimonials on more than one page? Can I copy the module to other pages and disable the Add Testimonials link? I probably should try it before I ask you. Anyway...please let me know if u think it is possible.

Response from VirtualEssentials 7/28/2013:
Hi There,

Right now, the module is set up to act independently on each instance. However, I was thinking of making that optional. But, what you could do for now is export the testimonials from one and import them into another instance on another page and disable the link by setting the permissions for “Add Testimonial” to Administrators only. That way it won’t show up at all for any users.

Response from FrozenDNN: 7/31/2013:
I know you are doing everyone a favor by releasing this module to the community and beggars can't be choosers...but have you thought of adding a satellite module in which we can show testimonials all over the website without importing them from another instance of the same module?

Response from VirtualEssentials 7/31/2013:
Hi there,

I just thought of something else. If you added another Module to another page using the Copy Module Method and then turning off the permissions to add on that module…would that work for your scenario?

How about this: If the module worked “perfectly” for your needs, how exactly would it operate? If I can understand that, then I will have a better idea of how to implement the best solution.

Thanks!
Briana
Coordinator
Jul 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I was thinking in terms of a sub module that only shows testimonials on each page. We can check display on all pages and all the testimonials will be shown on all pages via this sub module. I think if we do that to the main instance of Testimonials module it will not work. It will show blank modules on all pages (but one), unless we import the data from the first instance or drop the first instance modules on each page individually using copy module feature.

I hope I make sense.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Aug 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Yes, I see what you're saying. Ok, let me give that some thought and see what I can come up with, ok?? Would you mind being a beta tester? :-)
Aug 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Sure.

Thanks.